HURRAY!! Jacob and I finished our first 5K. We ran the entire thing and James (who has run many races) ran with us and encouraged us along the way. My favorite parts were that I finished, ran the entire thing, had a decent time, and that the last mile was all down hill! YIPPEE! Jacob's favorite thing was all the free food at the finish line. James had fun running with us and seeing me meet a goal I have had for a very long time.
Do not let my bright red face fool you...I was NOT ready to pass out at the finish line as my face may have indicated.
Jacob and I have decided that we will now train for an upcoming 10K and hopefully a half marathon in the future. I am hopeful that I will have a better tan on my legs for future runs...
Kathryn was not up for the 5K this year so she ran in the 1 mile fun run with our friend Julie Brown. She wants to do the 5K next year and Sarah and Emily are interested in running the 1 mile. It was a really great day!
P.S. I intentionally included 2 pictures of myself since my sisters and mother have mentioned - several times - that I am conspicuously absent from pictures on our blog. Here you go ladies - hope you like them. I would like to mention that it was 85% humidity that day and my hair normally looks slightly better - atleast I hope it does...
2 comments:
I'm impressed! Good job with the run! My inlaws give me a hard time about being in pictures, too. But when you're the photographer in the family there's not much you can do about it!
Way to go! Great Job! I love running! It is so accomplishing and a great way to start any day! What great goals! Way to go Jacob, too!
Post a Comment