Sunday, August 23, 2009

Samantha's Wagon


For months leading up to her birthday, Samantha had been asking for a wagon.  We had planned to get one for her and I went shopping the week of her birthday.  Have you priced wagons lately?  Let's just say inflation has hit the wagon market pretty hard.  We looked on E-bay and found a brand new one that was resonably priced.  We ordered it, but it wasn't here in time for her big day - you would think after being a parent for 12 years I would have shopped earlier and ordered it in advance and it would have been here in time, I guess I am still learning...  Samantha had a super day on her birthday, she never mentioned the wagon and I thought she had forgotten all about it.  However, at the end the day she said, "it's still my birthday until I get a wagon".  We agreed with her readily and were amazed at her complete assurance that since she had asked for a wagon she would surely get one for her birthday.  The wagon finally arrived several days later.  Each day she would go around the house singing, "it's still my birthday until I get a wagon".  After opening her wagon and helping Jacob assemble it, she said, "now my birthday is over".  What a joy she is in our home!

No comments: