Friday, December 18, 2009

Sad News



So far as I have had this blog I have never had to report sad news - that changed on Dec. 6, 2009 when my mother passed away.  The funeral was held in Tucson, AZ last week and I was able to see all my brothers and sisters.  We are all still in a bit of shock as it was totally unexpected, but I have found great joy as I have studied the scriptures this week and have been reminded yet again why the true meaning of Christmas really is a gift to each of us.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and have lots of opportunities to tell the people that mean the most to you how much you love them.  In loving memory to my mother, Mary Ann Brown, 12/26/46-12/6/09.

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Carol - Wishing you my deepest condolences during this challenging time. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Tami said...

Carol, I am so sorry. May the Lord's love continue to pour out upon your home and fill your heart with love and peace. Your family will also be in our prayers.

Sarah said...

I had such strong thoughts of you the other day. I totally should have called. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep you and your siblings in my prayers. Our chatting times are few and far between. I will give you a ring this week to catch up.

The Russell 4 said...

Sorry to hear of your loss.

trooppetrie said...

carol, i am so sorry for your loss. please let me know if there is anything i can do to help you

Sharon said...

I love you, Carol! Sorry.Sadness and cold.
Is it time for a girl's reunion? Everyone is busy busy I know. But it's good to dream... I love to hear your fabulous voice.