Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Samantha

I had intended to write a few notes with these pictures when I posted them 4 days ago, somehow I got distracted and 4 days later I am finally getting around to it... now I notice that the pictures are not in the proper order. Oh well, so it goes sometimes. We started Samantha's big day with a delicious breakfast, then off to the market for the morning - not to worry, we decorated our tent with balloons and all the other vendors wished her a happy birthday. After the market we came home for presents, swimming and cake and ice cream. That evening we set off fireworks which has become a tradition for Samantha's birthday since it is so close to the 4th of July. Emily was exhausted from the busy day so she missed out on the fireworks, but she did not seem to mind, sleeping soundly on the couch.







On Monday we invited some of Samantha's favorite friends (that live near us, not to be confused with all her favorite friends that are spread all over the country) over for some swimming and cupcake decorating. She had a super birthday and we are so grateful to have her in our family. She is a happy soul and while I am delighted that she is growing and I get to see her personality develop, I am a little saddened that my baby is now 4 - where did the time go? Did I take enough pictures that I have documentation to reflect on when she has babies of her own? Boy it goes by way to fast - stay tuned to my next post or two when I will repeat this sentiment when I post Jacob's 13th birthday!

1 comment:

Hailey said...

That looks like so much fun. Happy Birthday Samantha. She is so pretty, she looks just like you.