Sunday, January 23, 2011

Merry Christmas 2010











We woke up to a white Christmas here in the deep south. The kids prayed for snow and their prayers were answered. We started out with gifts from Santa, had a little breakfast and opened a few more presents. Watching the snow fall outside our window, all snug and warm next to a roaring fire made for a delightful Christmas morning. Very wonderful! When we couldn't stand it any longer we got all bundled up and went outside for a terrific snowball fight. Then back inside to hot chocolate and more present time. A few favorite gifts included marchmellow guns for everyone from Jacob, a Go-Pro camera for James (he can strap it to the side of his helmet and catch all the fun he has for us to see too), a bracelet and books for Carol, sunglasses for Kathryn, Nerf gun for Jacob, robe for Sarah and flashlights for Samantha and Emily. Riding new scooters in the snow proved very fun as well. Buster had a great day too. He really likes to eat snow and he loved the toys and treats left in his stocking. We played all day and built several snowmen later in the week. Church was cancelled due to weather so the rest of the weekend was peaceful and nice - not to say church isn't nice, it is just nice not to have to go anywhere once in a while. On Monday we had surprise visitors. My Dad and Jody come for the week. James and I knew they were coming, but the kids were sure surprised when they opened the door Monday evening. We had a really nice visit with them and Jody's son Jeremy came for a few day as well. Somehow I did not take any pictures to mark their visit. I guess I was too busy being on vacation. It was a wonderful Christmas!

3 comments:

Lyndee said...

I love all the snowmen! :)

Tami said...

Great pics! I love seeing how everyone is growing! Miss you guys!

Sharon said...

More Walkers! More Walkers! More Walkers!