Thursday, June 9, 2011

I don't stink after all! WHEW!!!

So normally my posts are all about the cute children I adore and our fun activities, but this one is all about me. :) We have been home schooling our kids for the last 3 years. Since making this decision I live with the daily fear that they will end up uneducated and it will be all my fault. For various reasons we have missed any standardized testing for the last 2 years so this year the oldest two were tested. It is not required by Alabama to test your home schooled children (scary huh?!), but I really wanted to know if I was doing them justice or failing them. The results came in the mail today. Drum roll please.......Jacob and Kathryn both scored in the 90th percentile range over all! Kathryn scored in the 99th percentile in math problem solving and data interpretation and Jacob scored in the 99th percentile in social studies. YIPPEEE, I do not stink as a home school Mom, what a relief!!! I always knew they were smart, I am just glad I am not ruining them. I will sleep well tonight! Tomorrow I start planning the curriculum for each child for next year. I think I will have a dish of ice cream to celebrate. Oh yeah, I may share with the two scholars as well.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad you discovered you do a good job teaching them. We've all known it for a long time! Just look at ALL your amazing kids!

I think your kids will need a trip to the beach later this summer. We should be moving into our house next month (cross fingers) then you guys can come visit us and the beach! :)

Tami said...

That is awesome! We all know what a marvelous mom you are already. Way to go! By the way, is Jacob going to EFY? We should send our boys together one year.

Sharon said...

rude rude rude comment alert:

"Well, DUH!"

Sharon said...

PS I want to go to the beach...

Lyndee said...

yeah!! that is awesome! and so are you :)

Scott said...

Well, of course you are a good teacher! Your father has taught at the university level, your aunt Candy is a master teacher, your uncle Clark was an exceptional teacher. Your great uncle Barre and his sister Neila taught at universities. You come by your teaching ability naturally!! That, plus your amazingly good looks all come gratis from your ancestors!!

Congrats to Jacob and Kathryn for doing so well and for you, Carol, for being such a wonderful teacher!!!

Scott said...

Oh, I forgot!! Your great uncle Selby and his first wife Alice also taught a different universities!! :-)