Tuesday, August 16, 2011

River Rafting and Kayaking





We spent all of our spare time this summer river rafting and kayaking. We bought a raft so we can go rafting as a family and since James went to guide school, he is our guide. James and Jacob both have kayaks and love to whitewater kayak any chance they get. Jacob often takes his kayak down the river while the rest of the family rides in the raft. Here are some pictures of our river trips over the summer. Jacob is in the green kayak and James is in the yellow one. I have to say, whitewater rafting is a really fun family activity. Before you think we are too daring, the river we take the kids on only has class I and II rapids - that means the water is moving and there are a few bumps along the way. We will go on 'bigger' rivers as time goes on, as our children are older and better swimmers. Meanwhile, Kathryn would really like to learn to kayak and I am considering the idea as well...

No comments: