Monday, March 5, 2012

Not Too Old to Learn Something New

This week I have done 3 new things:

1 - I am entering a couple of pictures I took in a photo contest. Just to enter is fun, but who knows, maybe I will win something...it could happen...

2 - I cooked a roast in my pressure cooker. I have used it to can for years, just never pressure cooked anything before. It turned out great if I do say so myself. From freezer to table in two hours, how can you beat that!?!

3 - I learned to roll my kayak! YIPPEE!!! I told the kids that it just goes to show that you can still learn new skills even when you are old - to which Jacob replied, "You're not old Mom." Such a nice boy! Next step is to roll in the lake, then on to the river - as soon as it warms up of course. I will stick to the YMCA pool until then. I am a little proud of myself on this one. :)


**Due to popular request, here are the three photos I entered in the contest - it is for the Chicken and Egg Festival - supposed to be about farms, life on the farm, farm families, etc... The mud one is my favorite. :)



1 comment:

Tami said...

Those are great pics! I love the mud picture!!! So much fun!