Monday, October 24, 2011

My Birthday Puppy - REALLY???!!!!!

While I was out of town, James informed me that the girls had bought me a puppy for my birthday. He assured me that I would love it - it was well behaved, house broken, hypo-allergenic, soft and the perfect lap dog. I could not believe my ears... I kept thinking it was a joke, but after speaking with Jacob I was starting to believe I had a dog waiting for me at home. My family in Utah got a big kick out of my worry and we all had a good laugh about it. When James and the kids came to the airport to pick me up, they told me the dog was in the car in a special carry case. I geared up for the worst. Sure enough, in the car was a dog, just for me - only it was a CAKE! In a special box, sitting in the car was the best cake I have ever seen. We named him Sylvester, he was delicious!


The day after I got home, we hopped in the RV and went camping at the river. The kids and James planned and packed everything. In addition, James bought me a kayak for my birthday. It is yellow and very agile. I made my first 2 trips down the river that weekend (no swimming yet...), and I really enjoyed it. We had a great weekend - you will have to take my word for it though - the only thing we forgot was a camera.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Happy Birthday! What an awesome cake and I bet your kids had so much fun getting you worried about a dog. They will remember this forever. :-)