We are in Canada at the Ottawa River kayaking and camping
for the month of August. Jacob and
Kathryn worked all summer to earn money for their kayak classes and we will be
here for 3 weeks. Jacob’s camp
lasts the entire 3 weeks and he is having a great time. The instructors for his class are the
best of the best in the sport and he is learning a lot. We see him here and there throughout
the week and for a few hours on Sunday for church. I took a week-long class and learned to roll my kayak in
moving water this week. I had the
best time! I can roll up on either
side, and even learned to hand roll (rolling without a paddle). The best part of my class was my super
instructor Brenna and two great ladies named Carol and Janine. We had such a great time together and
we learned a lot. James, Kathryn
and Sarah are taking their classes this week, they are really looking forward
to it. While I was in class this
week James and the girls had fun riding bikes, playing games, jumping off the
dock and playing on the water slides and rope swing.
This is a video of me rolling – I had the goal to learn to roll this year and I am so glad I reached it!
Just for fun I started to learn to hand roll, it actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
1 comment:
Way to go Carol!!!! Totally awesome!
Post a Comment