Monday, May 17, 2010

Camping for Family Night













One of the bonuses of homeschooling is that we can go camping in the middle of the week. We are going to try to go camping for Family Home Evening as often as possible for the next several months. With our farmer's market booth going on Saturday mornings, our weekends are pretty full so Monday night is the perfect option. we went to Joe Wheeler Park last week to begin the tradition. We rode bicycles, roasted marshmallows and had a wonderful lesson by Jacob. It was a great evening and we can't wait to do it again in a couple of weeks. Emily also reached a goal that night by learning to start a fire by herself. With close supervision from James and Samantha she built a 'tee pee' and lit the fire with one match. She was so proud of herself.

3 comments:

Tami said...

What a great FHE night tradition!

Hailey said...

How fun is that! Can I come have family night with you guys?

Sarah said...

Apparently my girls have some catching up to do in the camping skills department. First I have to get Ella to wear anything but a skirt/dress and then we'll move on to fire starting:)
Please tell me you're coming to Texas this summer. I miss the Walkers. It's been way too long. I have such good intentions to give you a ring - ah, but life always seems to overrule. One of these days we need to catch up.